In Application of Birth Certificates, there are two categories
- Birth Certificate - registration of births that happened less than a year ago.
- Late Registration of Birth
Citizen can apply for the certificate at their particular Municipality/Panchayat Office by providing the Doctors Certificate given by the recognized authorities. The service is for registration of births that happened less than 21 days.
Time required for issue of certificate : 21 days
Service Charge : Nil
For online registration, click here.
Late Registration of Birth
Delayed registration is subjected to payment of a late fee and permission of the prescribed authority.
- Birth event, information on which is given to the Registrar after expiry of 21 days but within 30 days of its occurrence, shall be registered on payment of late fee of Rupee Two.
- Birth event, information on which is given to the Registrar after 30 days but within one year of its occurrence, shall be registered only with the written permission of the prescribed authority and on the production of an affidavit made before a notary public or any other officer authorized in this behalf by the State Government and payment of a late fee of Rupee Five.
- Birth event which has not been registered within one year of its occurrence, shall be registered only on an order made by a magistrate of the first class after verifying the correctness of the event and payment of a late fee of Rupee Ten.
- Non-Availability Certificate from the Registrars office. The Non-Availability Certificate is an acknowledgement or endorsement from the authorities stating that the certificate is not available with them. Applicants have to fill a form and submit it to the Registrar, who will then verify the data and issue the acknowledgement
- Joint Photo Affidavit of Parents
- Photo ID of Applicant
- If the Child is born at residence, affidavit from Parents. In case of Hospital Birth, Certificate from Hospital.
Application form for registration of birth
Correction can happen in Child's name, Parent's name (Minor Corrections, such as spelling mistakes, surname inclusion, initials inclusion), Address, Hospital Name or total name correction of Parents which alters the main name totally.
- Request letter from the parent whose child name has to be corrected
- Photo ID of Parents
- Joint Affidavit of Parents
- Educational document of the child whose name has to be corrected, if any.