Accessible arrival and departure zone (Loading Zone)
- The set-down and pick up points should be close to the entrance of the building.
- Main entrance board should be clearly visible.
- There should be smooth transition from entrance of the building to the loading zone.
- At the loading zone warning, a curb less walk is needed for persons with visual disability
- The accessible loading zones should be parallel to the vehicle pull up space and at least 2400 mm wide and 6000 mm in length.
- A marked access isle is required next to the vehicle pull up space.
- The access isle should not overlap vehicular way and should be 1500mm in width.
- Vehicle pull up space should be 2400 mm in width.
- Curb ramps should not overlap access isle or the pull up space.
- A vertical clearance of 2850 mm is required at the access isle and vehicle pull up space if there is an overhead structure.
Source : Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Last Modified : 3/3/2023
0 ratings and 0 comments
Roll over stars then click to rate.
© C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.