What are Common Service Centres
Under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) formulated by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DEITY), Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Government of India, the Common Services Centers (CSCs) are conceptualized as ICT enabled, front end service delivery points for delivery of Government, Social and Private Sector services in the areas of agriculture, health, education, entertainment, FMCG products, banking and financial services, utility payments, etc.
Who are VLEs
VLE’s are Village Level Entrepreneur who delivers various government and non-government services to the end consumers from the CSC outlet (mostly owned).
Requirements for registration of a CSC
Pre-requisite for registration
- Registration is allowed only for the people who are 18 years and above and is the citizens of India.
- They should either have a valid Telecentre Entrepreneur Course (TEC) Certificate or should register under specific schemes like SHG or RDD. For the application type as CSC VLE, it is mandatory to have a TEC Certificate Number. Applicant can register at https://www.cscentrepreneur.in/register for TEC Certification.
- For registering under the specific schemes like SHG the applicant should provide their name, mobile, state and district for white listing and request District Managers to add them. In case of RDD, applicant should have the Registration code as per the selection made.
Online CSC Registration Form Process Flow
For registration of New CSCs please flow the following steps:
- Click on the weblink: https://register.csc.gov.in/
- To complete your registration, Enter a valid Mobile Number, Enter captcha and Proceed to click on submit. NOTE: For any communication purpose your given mobile and email will be used till the creation of CSC ID. Also, one mobile number cannot be used to register for multiple CSC Ids.
- The next step for registration is authentication. You need Virtual ID (VID). VID is a temporary, revocable 16-digit random number mapped with the Aadhaar number. It is not possible to derive the Aadhaar number from VID. Visit the link: https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/genericGenerateOrRetriveVID to generate/retrieve your VID.
- Documents required
- Applicant photo
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
- Cancelled copy of cheque/passbook
- On successful authentication, a form opens. The user is required to fill the information under the following tabs, such as: Personal, Residential, Kiosk, Banking, Document, infrastructure, Certifications/Terms.
After the registration is complete, you receive an acknowledgement number for further reference.You will receive an acknowledgement email regarding successful completion of your application on your email address provided during the registration process.
- It is mandatory for the user to download a copy of the form and submit the same to the District Manager available in the nearest CSC office along with a copy of self attested documents (cancelled cheque/passbook, PAN card, and applicant image). To access contact details of state /district manager click here.
Registration application status
What to do if application is rejected
- Understand the reason behind rejection of the application and then Apply again.
Please be aware that CSC centre registration application is free. Please do not pay any fees/money to anybody for registration or any other CSC related activities.
Contact details for assistance
Helpline Number : 011 4975 4923, 011 4975 4924; Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Source : CSC portal