Hi-Tech Laboratory Under NUHM in Bengaluru
- Reduce out of pocket expenditure as per NSSO-2016 where in an estimated 10% of total household out of pocket expenditure accounts for diagnostics.
- The limited array of diagnostics available at UPHCs under NUHM leads to additional burden on tertiary care centres and patients.
- 6 Hi-Tech Laboratories have been established in Government Hospitals (UCHC) of ULBs under NUHM in Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) On April 2018.
- Hi-Tech Laboratories are designed to operate as hubs under “Hub and Spike Model” design, the Special Outreach Camps and UPHCs serving as spokes.
- Laboratory, Radiology, Mammography and Ultrasonography services are provided free of cost for urban poor.
- 83 types of laboratory investigations at the hub and 19 types at the spokes (UPHCs).
- Basic lab services are provided in UPHCs and advanced diagnostics are referred/ transported to Hi-Tech Laboratory.
- Samples of active screening and referrals from Health Kiosk and SORC are being transported to Hi-Tech Laboratories.
- Hi-Tech Lab services are being utilised in mass screening camps of NCD, Active Case Finding campaigns for X-ray, LCDC etc in urban areas.
- Dedicated software for enrolment and reporting the results to the patient through message and to UPHC/UCHC.
- Five specialist doctors are supported by 30 paramedical staff in these laboratories through NUHM.
- An incentive of Rs. 200 is paid to the lab technician/ Group-D for the transport of samples from spokes to hub initially. State shall propose for courier system in FY 2020-21 PIP.
- On an average of 100-120 patients seek services at the Hi-Tech laboratories. The rise in total tested samples has risen by 200 times in 2018-19 compared to previous year.
- One-time investment of 4.3 crores.
- Annual Recurring cost of 17 lakhs (Excluding courier charges).
Source : We Care Coffee Table Book - Good, Replicable and Innovative Practices 2019
Last Modified : 6/12/2021
© C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.