A Block TB Forum was notified by the Govt. of Himachal Pradesh on 27th September 2021 for effective implementation of National Tuberculosis Elimination programme (NTEP). A few amendments were made on 16th January 2022 to revise the Block TB Forum composition. Following the amendments, certain terms of references were put down for the TB forum for its better functioning. These included:
- Meeting of the TB forum twice a year
- Taking decisions on appropriate local adaptation of national guidelines for NTEP and state TB elimination strategies and seeking resources beyond the budgeted resources in (NTEP) PIP.
- Focus on inter-sectoral coordination and explore the role and responsibilities for each of department and prepare a roadmap for action for TB elimination in the block and resolve the issues of TB survivors
- Ensure Psychological support/ security will be insured to all TB survivors in the block.
- Review the performance of different stakeholders in TB elimination.
- Take final decisions on procurement of goods and contractual services for TB elimination in the block.
- Guide and take-up the issues with block and district administration and department of Health&Family Welfare, Government of HP on recruitment of regular staff to the key positions of TB control and elimination in the block
- Notice for the block TB form and agenda should be served at least 15 days or a week in advance prior to the meeting by the convener with approval of Chairpersons.
- Meeting minutes should be submitted to Member Secretary and convener of Block TB Forum
Block Wise status of TB Forum Meetings
|Total Number of TB Units/ Blocks in the state of Himachal Pradesh
|Number of TB Units / Blocks Conducted at least one TB Forum meeting in 2021
|Number of TB Units / Blocks Conducted at least one TB Forum meeting in 2022 as on 13.09.2022
|Number of TB Units / Blocks documented/ prepared minutes of the meeting
|Number of TB Units / Blocks shared Attendances and photographs of TB Forum meeting.
Outcome of Block TB Forum
- Increased awareness among the general public and line departments.
- Platform for Persons with TB to raise their grievances in front of appropriate authorities.
- Improved intersectional coordination between other government departments and state NTEP.
- Composition of Panchayat TB Forum under the chairmanship of Gram Panchayat Pradhan
- Regular Block TB Forum Strengthen the Panchayat TB Forum meetings
Source : TBC India
Last Modified : 3/24/2023
© C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.