Tips to reduce water consumption in households
- Starting a compost pile as an alternate method of disposing of food waste instead of using a garbage disposal reduces water requirement.
- Water usage should be minimized while washing dishes by hand.
- Avoid flushing the toilet unnecessarily.
- Lawns and other landscape features should be watered using waste water. Besides cutting down on water requirements, this also recharges the ground water.
- Watering lawns during the early morning hours when temperature and wind speed are the lowest reduces loss due to evaporation.
- Faulty faucets should be repaired immediately.
- Planting local shrubs and trees while landscaping reduces water required for landscaping.
- Harvesting rainwater for day to day use as well as to recharge ground water is a good measure to reduce dependency on the municipal water supply while conserving water at the same time.
Source : Portal Content Team
- Edugreen website
- All about water - A trip with drip the water drop
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.