Pragati Scholarship for Girls
PRAGATI (Scholarship for Girl Students) has been launched by the Ministry of Education in 2014 to provide encouragement and support to Girl Child to pursue technical education. It is implemented by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Salient Features of the Scheme
- Number of scholarships per annum
- 10,000 scholarships per annum from 23 States/UTs (5000 for Diploma and 5000 for Degree).
- All eligible girl students from remaining 13 States/UTs (including North Eastern Region, Jammu &Kashmir etc.)
- ‘One Girl’ per family and it can be extended for Two Girl Child per family where the family income is less than Rs. 8 Lakh /annum (In case of married girl child, the income of parents/ in laws whichever is higher is to be considered).
- The candidates will be selected on Merit at the qualifying examination to pursue technical education from amongst such candidates.
- The candidates should have been admitted to 1st year of the Degree or Diploma programme in any of the AICTE approved institute during the current Academic Year through centralized admission process of the State/ Centre Government.
- Amount of scholarship: Tuition Fee of Rs. 30000 or at actual, whichever is less and Rs. 2000 per month for 10 months as incidentals each year.
- In case of candidates availing Tuition fee waiver/reimbursement, and amount of Rs. 30000 may be reimbursed to the candidates selected for this scheme by the way of reimbursement for
- Purchase of books
- Purchase of equipments, software
- Purchase of Laptops
- Purchase of Desktops
- Purchase of Vehicle
- Fees paid towards competitive examination application forms/exam fees for all examinations related to higher education / employment.
- Reservation - 15% for SC, 7.5% ST and 2 7% for OBC candidate/applicant.
- Out of the total number of scholarship in each scheme, 50% scholarships are available at each Degree /Diploma level and also transferable in the event of non-availability of eligible applicant in any of the of Degree/ Diploma level Programme.
How to apply
- For Online Registration and instructions on how to fill the online application, log on to National Scholarship portal.
- Documents Required during submission of Application
- Scanned Copies of mark sheet of standard Xth / XIIth / Others as applicable and as filled up. (mandatory)
- Scanned copy of Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/Head of the institute (mandatory) (Format)
- Scanned Copy of annual family income certificate for the last financial year in the prescribed format issued by Tehsildar or equivalent competent Authority. (mandatory) (Format)
- Scanned Copy of admission letter to Diploma/Degree course. (mandatory)
- Scanned Copy of Tuition Fee Receipt, showing clearly and separately the amount of tuition fee paid. (mandatory)
- Scanned Copy of Aadhar Seeded Bank Pass Book showing name of the student, Account number, IFSC code and Photograph pasted at appropriate place duly signed by Manager with rubber stamp of Bank affixed (mandatory)
- Scanned Copy of certificate issued by Competent Authority to the Differently abled candidate (PH candidate) (mandatory for application under scholarship for differently abled candidate), if applicable.
- Scanned Copy of AADHAR card.
- Attested Scanned copy of SC/ST/OBC Certificate. (mandatory in case of candidates claiming benefit of reservation policy).
- Declaration by parents duly signed stating that the information provided by their child is correct and will refund Scholarship amount, if found false at any stage. (mandatory) (Format)
- Scanned copy of passport size photograph and signature.
For more information contact email@example.com .
General time of notification : October - November.
Source : AICTE
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.