India Handmade Bazaar is a Ministry of Textiles for portal that exhibits Indian handicrafts and handloom products. The portal can be accessed at http://www.indiahandmadebazaar.com/index.php .
- To provide direct market access facility to genuine handloom weavers and handicraft artisans.
- To provide updated information about handloom and handucraft producers and their products to retail customers, e-commerce players, wholesalers and exporters.
- Weavers and artisans registered with the Development Commissioner for Handlooms, Development Commissioner for Handicrafts or other participating Government of India Ministries and their agencies shall have access to the portal on the basis of their registered mobile number in respective data base. For example: Weavers registered in Handloom Census data base or Artisans registered in 'Pehchan' database.
- Once registered on the portal, weaver/artisan can any time add, update or modify details of their products, process, photographs etc.
- Buyer can see the product offering statewise, product category wise or by simply through search on the product name.
- Buyer can view the products available and can also send a query to the concerned weaver/artisan.
- Registered weaver/artisan will be able to view the queries and send reply e-mail to buyer.
Handloom Major Categories covered in the portal
- Dress Material
- Home furnishing
- Bed sheet
Handicraft Major Categories covered in the portal
- Metal Craft
- Glass & Ceramics
- Dolls & Toys Other Craft
- Wood Craft
- Natural Fiber Craft
- Hand block printing
- Leather Craft
- Stone Craft
- Painting Embroidery Craft
- Terracotta (Pottery)
- Musical Instrument
How to use
The buyers can browse the portal for interested categories of products. They can also contact the sellers of the items of their choice through the platform.
To use the platform, Weavers and artisans need to have their mobile number registered with the Development Commissioner for Handlooms, Development Commissioner for Handicrafts or other participating Government of India Ministries and their agencies.
For getting your mobile number registered, Handloom Weavers may contact nearest Weavers' Service Centre and Handicraft Artisans may contact nearest Marketing Centre. You can also contact the Tollfree Helpline No: 1800 208 9988 to know more.
Source : India Handmade Bazaar portal
Last Modified : 7/3/2023
© C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.