District Survey and Land Records
The department takes up the following activities
- Provides the list of licensed surveyors and their training
- Digitisation of land records and its issue to citizens
The Chief Commissioner of the Land Administration, Nampally Road, Hyderabad.500063
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Agriculture
The Department of Agriculture takes up the following activities
- Agricultural Extension services to farmers and helps in the transfer of latest technical knowledge to the farming community.
- Aassess requirements of agriculture inputs well in advance and to regulate their production and monitor timely supply of seeds, fertilizers and pesticides, implements, credit etc., to farmers.
- Statutory functions under various acts and regulations (i.e., quality control) to ensure supply of quality inputs i.e., Seeds, Fertilizers and Pesticides to farmers.
- Soil testing, soil and water conservation, soil survey, credit assessment / arrangements, media production, training to farmers, etc
At the District level the Department is headed by Joint Director of Agriculture and s/he is assisted by DDAs, ADAs and AOs at District, Division and Mandal levels.
Department of Mines & Geology
The Department of Mines and Geology is mainly entrusted with promotional and Mineral regulatory work. The promotional function of this Department includes exploration and prospecting of Mineral deposits. The entire task of Mineral regulatory work and collection of Mineral Revenue for both Major and Minor Minerals comes under the purview of department of Mines and Geology under the control of Director of Mines and Geology and oversee functions of receipt and processing of Mineral Concession application, Grant of Quarry Leases for Minor Minerals, approval of Mining Plans, Inspection of Mines, Curbing of illicit Mining / Transportation, Vigilance, Monitoring of Mineral production, Survey and demarcation of quarry Lease applied areas, Mineral Revenue Collections, Mineral Investigations & Explorations and dissemination of Mineral information.
Contact: e-Mail : email@example.com
The Government has established Khammam dairy in the year 1975 with a capacity of 20000 liters handling capacity per day and Bulk Milk Cooling Units 6 No’s for procuring milk from various villages under the district there by providing financial assistance for the livelihood of the rural farmers.
Contact: e-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Horticulture
The department is involved in activities related to the production and productivity of various horticulture crops coupled with value chain development , marketing linkages to help the farming community for realization of remunerative prices.
Contact: District Horticulture & Sericulture Officer, Krushi Bhawan, Khammam
Department of Civil Supplies
The department is involved in various activities
- Formulates Policies for procurement of paddy,coarse grains and pulses at MSP by agencies like FCI., Telangana State Civil Supplies Corporation, Markfed, IKP groups etc.Decentralised procurement and Aadhaar based distribution of essential commodities through Public Distribution System,as per the guidelines under NFSA Act 2013.
- Implements NFSA Act 2013 through State Commission,District Grievance Redressal Officer and Nodal Officers etc and monitors conduct of vigilance committe meetings etc.,
- Evolves policy for issue of ration cards, allotment of Deepam connections to the eligible families.
- Oversees all matters connected with the allotment, lifting, movement and supply of essential commodities by the Telangana State Civil Supplies Corporation Ltd. from MLS Points to FP shops.
- Monitoring of prices of essential commodities and Market Intervention Operations for controlling the open market prices, if need arises.
- Implements Consumer Protection Act through State Commission and District Consumer Fora and other Consumer welfare Schemes.
- Arranges Consumer awareness through Consumer Clubs, Consumer Voluntary Organisations, Seminars, workshops and World and National Consumer Rights Days every year.
- Processes the recommendations of the Selection Committee for the Members of the State Commission and President and Members of the Dist.Fora and issues Govt. orders.
- Implements the Packaged Commodities Rules and MRP and ensuring correct measures and weights through verification and stamping by Legal Metrology Department.
- Executes the enforcement activity under various Control Orders issud under Essential Commodities Act, 1955 for checking against hoarding, black marketing, diversions etc.of essential commodities like food grains, pulses, edible oils, Petroleum Products viz. Kerosene, Diesel, LPG, Petrol etc. and action under Section 6 A of the Essential Commodities Act, 1955 .
- As convener arranges the meetings of the Price Monitoring Committee under the Chairmanship of the Chief Secretary and the Group of Ministers periodically .
- Takes measures to ensure that the Departments concerned with various essential commodities take action to undertake Market Intervention purchases wherever necessary to make them available to the consumers at affordable prices in the open market.
Contact: District Civil Supplies officer, Mobile: 8008301458
District Educational Department
Department handles all the activities regarding Education.
Contact: District Educational Officer, Mobile: 7995087626
The district has 224 Sub centres, 25 PHCs, 4 Community Health Centre , 1 District Hospital, 1 Teaching Hospital , 1 Mother Child Health Centre,7 Blood storage centtres, 1 Blood Bank, 12-104 mobile medical units.
Contact: District Medical & Health Officer, Mobile: 9849902517 , Govt.Hospital, Khammam - 507002
Contacts of district officials
To get the list of officials, click here