In every state of India, it is mandatory to register the birth and death of a person with the concerned authorities. A death certificate is a record of an individual issued by the State Government declaring a person’s demise officially.
Process for filing e-form for Death Certificate
- E-Form for Death Certificate can be filled Online .
- For filling up the Death Certificate Online, you need to be a registered user with State Portal of Nagaland.
- You will be required to click on the “Submit Online” button for filing the form Online.
- For filling the details either Online, apart from your general details, you should be ready with certain details like your complete Address, Parents Address, Academic details etc.
- All fields marked as * on E-Form are mandatory fields.
- As Death Certificate will be issued from concerned Authority in your District jurisdiction, you are required to choose the correct District in the field “Please select the district where you want your form to be processed” failing which there may be a delay in your application processing or your Application may be rejected by Authorities.
- Any wrong/misleading data entered by you in E-Form is liable to get rejected by Department Authorities from your concerned District Jurisdiction.
- Attachments / Enclosures uploaded by you with the e-form should not exceed a file size of 2 MB. If the size of uploaded Attachments / Enclosures exceeds 2 MB, your e-form will not be submitted to the Department for further processing.
- By filling up this form you assure Department that whatsoever information is filled in e-form is valid information for Death Certificate.
- After filling up the E-Form, you will be getting a Transaction ID, which you can take for future references or tracking your application status. For any further communication with Department Authorities for your E-form, please refer to the corresponding Transaction ID only.
- You will be required to submit the fee amount in cash by physically visiting the Department with the Transaction Id of submitted e-form.
- If Login ID and Password entered in by you is correct, your form will be submitted to Department. Please refer process point 4-10 for further clarification one-form.
- If the Infant is older than 21 days, the Affidavit is mandatory
- Besides submitting the form, a print-out of the form can also be taken, if required, on click of print button on the e-from.
How to apply
User needs to be a registered user on the State Portal for accessing the concerned Department’s e-Services.
Users can log in into State Portal and avail different Departments e-services.
Registered user click here
New user click here
Note: For any assistance, please contact nagaland.gov.in
To apply for a death certificate, submit the following documents along with the application:
- Identification Proof
- Ration Card
- Aadhaar Card
- An affidavit stating the date and time of death
- Address proof
For more information, visit www.nagaland.gov.in/portal
Whom to Contact
DC office, Kiphire, Nagaland-798611