Apply for Birth certificate
- One should report the birth within 21 days of the occurrence of the event.
- Application formats can be obtained from the register of birth free of cost.
- Registration can be done without mentioning the name of the child and it can be added later.
- The fine/penalty can be imposed on any person for non-reporting/ non-registration and negligence.
- The concerned authority should ensure that all birth in the area under their jurisdiction are registered. S/he should ensure delivery of birth certificates.
Whom to notify
These people mentioned below are authorised under the Act to inform/notify about births by place of occurrence of the event.
- House –Midwife/ANMs, ASHAs and Aanganwadi workers
- Institution-Hospital, health facility, nursing home etc.- Medical officer-in-charge or any person authorized by the MO I/C, Jailor-in-charge, Person-in-charge
- Chief administrator in Jail, hotel, Dharmashala, Choultry, hostel, etc
- Public place any new-born- an officer in –charge of the local police station (in other areas)
- Events in moving vehicle/ -person-in-charge of the moving vehicle
- Plantation- superintendent of the area
Hospitals as a Registration Centre
In case of institutional delivery, information about births will be informed to the officer-in-charge to the concerned Registrar for registration. Some state governments have declared few hospitals as a registration centre. Thus in case of institutional delivery, hospitals ensure timely registration and issues certificate to mother of the newborn before her discharge from the medical institution.
Other hospitals will issue the form and parents have to collect birth certificates from local administrative bodies. If parents collect in after 6 to 7 months it will not attract any late fee.
Details required at the time of Birth Registration
- Date of birth
- Name of the child, if the child has not been named then this column should be left blank.
- Name of the father
- Name of the mother
- Address of parents at the time of the birth of the child
- Permanent address of parents
- Place of birth
- Informant’s name address
- The remaining details will be filled by the Registrar
Application form to register Birth Certificate
Late Registration of Birth
Any birth which has not been registered within one year of its occurrence, shall be registered only on an order of a Magistrate of the first class or a Presidency Magistrateu and on payment of a late fee of rupees ten.
Source : Raichur district website
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.