Apply for Death Certificate
In Application of Death Certificates, there are two categories
- Death Certificate - registration of deaths that happened less than a year ago.
- Late Registration of Death
Death Certificate is considered as one of the most important document issued by the Government to the nearest relatives of the deceased, stating the date, fact and cause of death of any person of the concerned State.
Why Death Certificate is necessary
Death Certificate is required for the following purposes:
- It is required to register death, to prove the date, time, place & cause of death.
- It is required to establish the fact of death, for getting relieved from any kind of legal complicacies faced by his/her relatives after the death of an
- It is essential to enable the family members for settlement of property inheritance, getting legal heir etc.
- It helps the family members to avail all financial securities and other benefits like pension
Eligibility to apply for Death Certificate
Any person who dies in the State of Arunachal Pradesh is eligible to get the Death certificate.
How to apply
- In case death occurs in house, the oldest person or head of the family has to report to the nearest Birth and Death Registration Office.
- If it occurs in Hospital it can be reported by the Medical Officer In-Charge of the locality.
- In case it occurs in the local area, it is registered by the headman of the village or the in-charge of the local police station.
- Death Registration has been done in the State as per Birth & Death Registration Act, 1969 and every death is registered within 21 days at the place of its occurrence.
- Death should be reported within 1 month in a plain application forwarded by Gaon Bura/ Anchal Samiti Member/ Any HoD or Gazetted Officer, to the
nearest Registrar of Death.
- For applying death certificate, death has to be registered first to the concerned authority of the locality.
- The form is available in the offices of local bodies.
Whom to contact
Economics & Statistics Branch
District Secretariat, Namsai, Arunachal Pradesh - 792103
Source: namsai.nic.in , arunachalpradesh.gov.in
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.