National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT), an autonomous scientific society of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology Government of India is implementing the project “Skill Development of SC / ST/ EWS youths in Aspirational Districts in area of Information Electronics and Communication Technology (IECT) leading to enhancement in Employability”.
Scope of coverage
The Training programme is to be conducted in 60 districts from the following States: Assam, Bihar, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh,Maharashtra, Manipur, Nagaland, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan,Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand.
The aim is to conduct Skill Development training program of 21,600 SC / ST / EWS (Women) youths belonging to 60 Aspirational district in the area of IT & Electronics over a period of 3-years (beginning 2020). To view the list of 60 Aspirational Districts, click here.
- Certification Course in Data Entry and Office Automation
- Diploma in Installation & Repair of Consumer Electronics Products
- Advance Diploma in Computer Application Accounting and Publishing
- Solar-LED Lighting Product ( Design and Manufacturing)
The courses are the NSQF aligned courses of NIELIT in the area of IECT. Duration of these courses varies from more than 100 hrs to 350 hrs. The eligibility to participate in trainings can be accessed at https://aspd-skill.nielit.gov.in/training-targets.php
- Registration: Registration for admission in any course will be done online on first cum first serve basis. Admission in any course will be granted to registered students after due process of short listing / scrutiny. Opening of registration in any course will be notified on NIELIT portal well in advance.
- Short Listing of Candidates: Applications invited through online portal with a transparent process of advertisement in regional or local dailies/ web-site/ direct counselling at educational institutions etc. A three member Committee comprising of two internal members and one member from Dept. of Social Welfareof the concerned State Government/ Local Employment Exchange may select the candidates fulfilling minimum eligibility criteria and on merit basis. Candidates with higher qualifications may be preferred
- Training: In first year Training will be implemented in 20 Aspirational districts through NIELIT Centres and NIELIT accredited Centres. In first year efforts will be made to tie up with the Government institutes with required infrastructure / resource to conduct the training and private institutes will also be mobilized to get accreditation of NIELIT NSQF aligned courses so as training in other districts on these courses can be conducted.
- Placement Assistance: NIELIT Centre will conduct Job fair to facilitate certified candidates to get suitable job. Database of certified students will be linked with the MSDE portal to connect directly with the employer.
- Impact Assessment: An impact assessment of the scheme would be carried out through a third party like DTU, IIM etc. so that the learnings/mid-course corrections, if any, could be carried out during the balance period of implementation of the project.
For more details, visit https://aspd-skill.nielit.gov.in