The National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB) assists coastal aquaculture through following schemes
|S.No||Name of the Activity/Scheme||Unit Cost||Pattern of Assistance|
|A||Construction of ponds for brackish water finfish culture||Rs. 2.40 lakh/ha||25% of cost subject to a maximum of Rs. 0.60 lakh/ ha as subsidy to farmers/ entrepreneurs
|B||Additional infrastructure/ modification of existing farms for brackish water
|Rs. 2.00 lakh/ ha||25% of cost subject to a maximum of Rs. 0.50 lakh/ ha as subsidy to farmers/ entrepreneurs
|C||Input assistance for brackish
water finfish culture
|Rs.3.00 lakh/ ha (subject to approval of CIBA, based on production levels)||One time back ended subsidy of 25% subject to a maximum of 0.75 lakh/ha to farmers/ entrepreneurs.
30% subsidy subject to a maximum
of Rs. 0.90 lakh/ ha to SCs/ STs
|D||Cage culture of brackish water fin fishes
||Capital cost of Rs. 10.00
lakh / ha (subject to the
approval of CIBA/ RGCA
based on the production
|Back ended subsidy of 25% on the capital cost not exceeding Rs. 2.50 lakh/ha.
Back ended subsidy of 30% on the capital cost to SCs/STs not exceeding Rs. 3.0 lakh/ha
|E||Input assistance for cage culture of brackish water finfish
||Rs. 7.00 lakh/ ha (Subject to approval ofCIBA/RGCA,based on production levels)||Back ended subsidy of 25% on working capital for first crop with a ceiling of Rs. 1.75 lakh/ha to farmers/ entrepreneurs
Back ended subsidy of 30% on working capital for first crop with a ceiling of Rs.2.10 lakh/ha to SC/ST
|F||Need Based Financial Assistance for development and demonstration of innovative/ new
|1||For increasing fish production/ productivity as brood stock development
||Unit cost to be recommended by Central Fisheries Institute concerned||Onetime 40% grant to the Central/State Govt.
|2||New species||Unit cost to be
recommended by Central
Fisheries Institute concerned
|Subsidy on 40% of the project cost as promotional incentive on capital cost as back ended subsidy to the entrepreneurs
|3||Low cost feed with high nutritive value
|4||New farming practices
(cage/pen culture), etc.
|5||Setting up of Aquatic Animal Health and Environmental Management Laboratory in farming areas
||Rs. 56.00 lakh for the coastal
States and Rs. 40.00 lakh for
|40% grant to the State Govt. on the
capital cost and one time recurring
|6||Need based financial assistance for Specific Pathogen Free shrimp
nauplii production centres
|Rs. 25.00 lakh for at least 200 million nauplii production capacity/year
||40% grant to Govt. Agencies; 25%
subsidy to Entrepreneurs
|7||Additional infrastructure for SPF shrimp seed hatcheries
||Rs. 20.00 lakh for 30 million
|40% to Central/State Govt. Departments /Institutions; 25% subsidy to Entrepreneurs|
|8||Assistance to Specific Pathogen Free shrimp culture farms for
additional infrastructure for semi intensive/ intensive farming
|Rs. 15.00 lakh for 5 ha water
spread area and above
|Back ended subsidy of 25% on the
Back ended subsidy of 30% on the
capital cost to SCs/STs
|9||Development of fish breeding grounds through mangrove plantation
||Unit cost to be approved by
the competent institution
|75% grant to meet the cost of mangrove sapling, transplantation and rearing and remaining 25% cost of labour component to be met through MNREGA|
Last Modified : 3/1/2020
This topic provides information about the dairy en...
This topic provides information related to assista...
This topic provides information about schemes for ...
BGREI a lateral scheme to RKVY is to address the c...